DSNews.com Article Feed

Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Persistence Pays Off

I want to share a celebration in my success with you all.  The success of closing one of my short sales is credited mainly by my persistence and unwillingness to take NO for an answer.  
I had an offer negotiated with a seller's lender, awaiting a buyer to return from over seas to close.  We needed to close a few days before the end of the redemption period so that all paperwork could be filed and sent to the proper authorities in time. Unfortunately, this buyer backed out of the deal as he wasn't sure if he'd be home in our tight timelines to close and thus cancelled two weeks before closing.  During my typical attempts to obtain another buyer, in such a short period of time, I was able to find an agent that had a few buyers watching the property and able to purchase quickly.  All the pertinent pages were sent to my negotiator with Wells Fargo, with what seemed like plenty of time to get a supplemental approval letter as the new buyer was purchasing the property for the same amount as the old buyer.  My negotiator didn't respond for four days, only to tell me then that there wasn't enough time to get a new approval letter from the investor.  
In this line of the real estate business, it pays to be persistent.  I didn't take 'no time left' for an answer from my assigned negotiator and proceeded to call as many people as I could to explain the situation at hand.  I am lucky enough to know a branch manager with Wells Fargo that conveniently had a contact in the 'higher ups' departments of the company.  We spoke briefly about the what was needed to close so that the home didn't go back to Wells Fargo in the end.  After she took the reins on the situation, I was sent a new approval letter to close the very next morning!
I am still very proud that I was able to get the property closed, just in time for the sellers and will continue to ride this great feeling of success well into 2012.  Positive thinking and persistence will always get what you want in life and your business, so long as you believe in yourself.  If you know of anyone struggling to get an offer negotiated or is apprehensive at successfully selling their home, pass along my name and number as the chances of my being able to do what others can not is very great!

No comments:

Post a Comment